NopCommerce 4.20 released on Tuesday, May 28, 2019. This release includes Significant Performance Enhancements along with UI/UX enhancements with re-designed admin area. Now nopCommerce can be run on Linux and support Docker. It upgraded to ASP.NET Core 2.2 and EF Core2.2 to enhance performance and fixing bugs it's much faster now. The changes implemented are aimed at making nopCommerce more store owners and store managers oriented. Eased the work with the platform for different types of users: from beginner merchants to experienced managers.
- Significant Performance Enhancements it's much faster now
- UI/UX enhancements with re-designed admin area
- Upgraded to ASP.NET Core 2.2 and EF Core 2.2
- Now nopCommerce can be run on Linux and support Docker.
- Combined some admin area (UI/UX)
- New plugin architecture. Do not load uninstalled plugins in memory. Allow to uninstall/install multiple plugins at the same time
- Re-design of the admin area made it more user-friendly. The main changes have regarded general settings and product details pages.
- Moved away from outdated KendoUI Grid to DataTables library
- Localizations for relative dates (previously they were hard-coded)
- "Use response compression" setting to UI
- Now Notificate customers when discount coupon code is applied using URL
- Store owner now configure password strength
- Favicon support for other devices (e.g. iOS Safari, Android Chrome, Windows 8 and 10,Mac OS X El Capitan Safari)
- Now “Default value” of checkout and product attributes is localizable
- Also “Custom text” of specification attributes is localizable now
- Filtering by warehouse for the order list report
- Warning when trying to impersonate inactive customers
- Filtering support for the "shopping carts and wishlist" page (admin area)
A lot of minor improvements, regrouping, and reordering of some input fields.
- Significant performance improvement by upgrading to EF Core 2.2 because the previous version of EF had a critical performance issue
- NopCommerce 4.20 is way much faster and stable, even when operating with hundreds of items wish lists and shopping carts.
- Faster processing of pictures stored in Windows Azure
- Improved performance of “IsCrawler” method used to detect search engines
- Faster processing of large catalogs (do not load product attributes for products without attributes)
- HTML minification
- Redis works much faster now
- Cache is cleared much faster now
- Allow to load top menu using AJAX (disabled by default)
- NopCommerce 4.20 allows you to save time by install/uninstall multiple plugins, allow to uninstall/install multiple plugins at the same time.
We have already started working on plugins and theme upgrades to nopCommerce 4.20, Please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org with any request.
Hire a Expert nopCommerce developer Now!
As nopCommerce Silver Partners, we’ve demonstrated world-class eCommerce development expertise and an on-going commitment to furthering the nopCommerce software platform for last 7+ years.
nopCommerce is an open source eCommerce software based on ASP.NET MVC with Entity Framework having Code First approach. nopCommerce has arrived in trends as the best .NET based eCommerce development software for delivering easy to use shopping cart along with flexibility and control.